Woman succumbs after clothing accidentally catches fire


Puttur: In a tragic incident, a woman was killed after her saree accidentally caught fire at Kodimbala near Kadaba on Thursday night.

The deceased was identified as Vijayalaxmi Bhat (68).

It is said that Vijayalaxmi was sitting in front of a fire as it was cold. But suddenly her nylon saree caught fire and she suffered burn injuries. She was rushed to a local hospital, but the next day her condition deteriorated and she was shifted to a private hospital in Deralakatte. However, she succumbed on the way.

She is survived by her husband and two sons.

A case has been registered.

Write your Comments on this Article

Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Konkanworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article. Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on Konkanworld.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request. Hence, sending offensive comments using Konkanworld.com will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Konkanworld.com be held responsible. Similarly, Konkanworld.com reserves the right to edit / block / delete the messages without notice any content received from readers.

  • Konkan World
  • Stay Connected
  • Facebook Google+ Twitter YouTube

KONKAN WORLD offers accurate, up-to-date, a large collection of videos from KONKAN WORLD VIDEOS and indulge in fun you will not find else where!.
© Copyright 2014 Konkanworld media Inc