Three die as electric shock hit from high tension line near Pumpwell
mangaluru: Couples and a laborer died on the spot as electric shock hit from high tension electric lines hit them severely. The incident occurred at Gorigudde near Pumpwell in the city on Sunday afternoon. The deceased were NMPT AC Mechanic Valerian Lobo (55), his wife Hejmi Lobo (51) and laborer, Moodbidri resident Sandeep (28).
The laborer was harvesting pepper from the pepper creeper using iron ladder kept adjacent to the coconut tree to which the creeper was spread. Sandeep was harvesting the pepper by standing on the ladder and the ladder was hold by Valerian Lobo on the ground. While harvesting pepper, the ladder was moved and fell on the high tension line. As a result, electric shock hit the both and finally Hejmi Lobo victim of the shock when she tried to protect her husband from the shock by pulling his ankles.
The bodies of the deceased were burnt severely in the accident. A case has been registered at Kankanady police station.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Konkanworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article. Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on Konkanworld.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request. Hence, sending offensive comments using Konkanworld.com will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Konkanworld.com be held responsible. Similarly, Konkanworld.com reserves the right to edit / block / delete the messages without notice any content received from readers.